Topics of interest (include but are not restricted to)
Epistemological Foundation of Ontologies:
Ontological Foundation of Epistemology:
- Cognitive foundations of ontologies (e.g. connection with conceptual spaces, diagrammatic
representations, mental models, prototypes, image schemas, scripts etc.).
- Empirical foundations of ontologies: ontologies driven from observations, measurements, tests,
and in general from data acquired using empirical procedures.
- Representation of different perspectives on the same domain: contexts, granularity,
resolution, ontological levels.
- Quantitative approaches/analyses, probabilities, uncertainty, and ontologies.
- Neural networks and ontological modelling.
- Integration of ontologies with different formats and levels of representation (e.g. neural-symbolic integration).
- Inductive reasoning in ontologies.
- Ontological Extensions of Cognitive Architectures.
- Ontology of propositional attitudes (Knowledge, Belief, etc.).
- Ontology of cognitive theories (e.g. conceptual spaces, image schemas, patterns, prototypes).
- Ontology of data, observations, and sensors (provenance, trust, quality, reliability).
- Ontological approaches to sensor data analysis and data elaboration.
- Ontology of truth-makers.
- July 17th, 2017 - Paper submission deadline.
- September 1st, 2017 - Notification of acceptance.
- September 15th, 2017 - Camera-ready version.
- September 21-23, 2017 - Workshop (the exact date will be communicate later).
We welcome two types of submissions:
- Research articles (8-12 pages including the bibliography) for presenting original unpublished work, neither submitted to,
nor accepted for, any other venue.
- Extended abstracts (2-4 pages including the bibliography) for presenting brief descriptions of ongoing research and projects,
preliminary approaches, or descriptions of related previously published research.
- Papers should be submitted non-anonymously in PDF format following IOS Press formatting guidelines
- Papers should be uploaded via Easy Chair (select the track "Epistemology in Ontologies").
Articles and abstracts will be published by CEUR workshop proceedings.
(For the previous editions of the JOWO proceedings, see )