OntoCommons (grant agreement no. 958371) is a H2020 CSA project started in November 2020. It is dedicated to the standardisation of data documentation across all domains related to materials and manufacturing.
OntoCommons lays the foundation for interoperable, harmonised and standardised data documentation through ontologies (from foundational to reference and domain ontologies), facilitating data sharing and pushing data-driven innovation, to bring out a truly Digital Single Market and new business models for European industry, exploit the opportunities of digitalisation and address sustainability challenges.
- Develop a ready-to-use Ontology Commons EcoSystem (OCES) for data documentation, including a set of ontologies and tools;
- Cooperate & Engage with relevant stakeholders at both EU and international level to collect existing resources and tools for data storage and identify possible bottlenecks;
- Deliver a set of Demonstration Cases built upon the OCES that will prove the effectiveness of our approach through activities of harmonisation, standardisation and coordination;
- Develop and roll-out an OntoCommons Roadmap that will include a number of recommendations for policy instruments towards Data Sharing for the European Single Market.
Main activities of LOA in OntoCommons:
- Development of an alignment and, where possible, integration across top-level ontologies;
- Establishment of the requirements for the inclusion of ontologies in the Ontology Commons EcoSystem;
- Collaboration with Adige spa (a company of the BLMGroup) in a use case on maintenance of large manufacturing machines with the goal of standardizing the terminology of the maintenance process, focusing in particular on the diagnosis of technical malfunctioning, and leveraging on knowledge extracted from service information flows and repair records.